SSWH15 The student will be able to describe the impact of industrialization, the rise of nationalism, and the major characteristics of worldwide imperialism.
a. Analyze the process and impact of industrialization in England, Germany, and Japan, movements for political reform, the writings of Adam Smith and Karl Marx, and urbanization and its affect on women.
53) JOURNAL ENTRY, “Karl Marx”
Essential Question – What was the impact of Karl Marx?
Information on page 736-738
· On the Right Side –
1) Create a graphic organizer titled “Marxism”.
2) Detail the beliefs of Karl Marx and his ideas of reform. Be able to successfully use the words: proletariat, collectivism, and state ownership in your response.
· On the Left Side –
1) Refer to the chart titled, “Capitalism vs. Socialism” on page 737.
2) Look at how socialism ideas compare with capitalism. Recreate the list.
3) Write a response to the following: Do you believe in the ideas of capitalism or socialism? Support your answer with facts and details.
(You can use the Internet Resources for further research. This response should be one 1/2 page in length.)