SSWH16 The student will demonstrate an understanding of long-term causes of World War I and its global impact.
a. Identify the causes of the war; include Balkan nationalism, entangling alliances, and militarism.
57) JOURNAL ENTRY, “Causes of World War I”
Essential Question #1 – What were the causes of World War I?
· On the Right Side – Using this graphic organizer:
1) First, Define Militarism, Nationalism, and Imperialism.
2) Detail how each contributed towards World War I, using this link.
· On the Left Side – Using this graphic organizer:
1) Identify the Triple Entente and the Triple Alliance.
2) Write a paragraph detailing the events in Sarajevo, Bosnia including the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. Why was this event the spark that started the war?
What do you want to do next?